It’s the old cliché that we’ve heard a million times, but sadly it is true. The clock nor the calendar stand still for anyone! People must get on with their lives, their work, their families, their day-to-day routines, their social gatherings, their celebrations, their appointments … their “busy“. Slowly the impact of Tracy’s accident is fading for some. Priorities shift. It’s amazing to think that it was only 3 months + 1 week ago on labour day weekend that Tracy’s life changed – along with our entire family.
The difference for Tracy is that the impact of that fateful day is more real than ever. Each day brings unknowns. Each day brings new challenges. Each day staying healthy, well, strong in her mind and her immobile body is paramount to survival. Each day she is completely dependant on others for every aspect of her life. Just imagine.
HOW TO LIVE LIFE at LYNDHURST
Tracy’s inspirational attitude comes from within her. She is tenacious and driven, but during this tragic time she has drawn great strength from the positive and powerful energy, love and compassion of people. Visitors: families, acquaintances, work colleagues, fitness fanatics, school buddies, neighbourhood pals, ….FRIENDS….
True Friends Strengthen and Help Each Other
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. (NLT)
GRACIAS, MERCI, GRAZIE, DANKESCHON!
A VERY BIG note of appreciation to Jane Roos and her husband Conrad for opening up their gorgeous Gallery on November 29th for a spectacular evening of art and friendship. Thanks also to a very special group of women called the MINOES (mother in need of entertainment) who have found the key to “happiness in the hood” and hosted a fantastic night of fun and fellowship Thursday December 1st.
WHAT IS CHRISTMAS?
I asked Abby today if it was OK if we didn’t put up a Christmas tree this year. I know how much she loves the tree, the ornaments and the amazing smell. I felt guilty. I explained that I just didn’t have it in me to take on this task. She paused and then she said “it’s OK Mom, the tree doesn’t actually matter.” Of course! She was right, the tree doesn’t matter. What matters is that we are all together and Tracy is alive and every day we should be grateful for small miracles each day.
Words cannot express our sincere appreciation. Here is a growing but not inclusive list of those we wish to acknowledge and express thanks to:
- Crestwood Preparatory College and all of Christian’s teachers
- Peter DeMarco of Demarco Peprich Canada’s leading florist
- Super-start realtor Carol Anne Warrington for taking care of the sale of Tracy’s home and providing a full commission deduction
- Michael Kalles from Harvey Kalles Real Estate for graciously returning the company’s commission on the sale of Tracy’s home
- Uptown Landscaping – Daron Robertson and his team of green thumbs for looking after Tracy’s house
- Greg Clees at Clees Catering and team of foodies
- Suzanne Martin – Speech Language Pathologist
- Robyn’s Cookies makes of Toronto’s best chocolate chip cookie
- Bedford Park School Moms
- Stevie Krupski and Silvia Prime
- Victoria Williams
- Snowhawks – Heather and Mitch and their amazing ski and snowboard school
- The incredibly talented Jane Roos of Jane Roos Gallery for a beautiful art-filled fund raiser
- Track Fitness for hosting a great spin fund raiser
- Moksha Yoga Uptown for sharing their studio for a sweat and spin fund raiser
- Pure Fitness and Deirdre Casey aka Irongirl for a fantastic spin fund raiser
- Extreme Fitness and VP Jaqueline Walters for their continued support and ongoing fund raising
- MINOES for a very touching and heartfelt fund raiser
- Milton Davis and the team at Davis Moldaver LLP
- Sue Henderson from Suetables and her beautiful necklace fund raising effort
- Mike Bullard and his team at Newstalk1010 for turning his show into a laugh-filled benefit for Tracy
- Rick Hansen and his 25th Anniversary Relay Team for including Tracy in the Toronto leg of the relay
- Craigleith Ski Club for supporting our family
- Michael Carmichael from CityBuick for incredible spin fundraiser for Tracy at his dealership
- 11x Ironman champ Lisa Bentley for leading CityBuick Spin for Tracy and for reaching out to so many of her friends and clients
Love and joy, les 🙂 xo